Invest in your creativity

First Post! Yay!
I've finally started this! I've been considering writing a blog for a while now since I started posting images of style related concepts on Instagram.  That platform works so well for images on their own.  I needed a space to write. To freely express thoughts and opinions in partnership with the creative content of the images posted. 

I strongly believe everyone should invest in their own creative outlets. Its enriching for the soul and provides an outlet for unique outcomes. It doesn't need to be painting or anything visual arts related. It can be your style, your writing, dancing, absolutely anything that allows you to transfer energy from your mind outwards, at your own pace. Not guided by the demands of the world. This is where my concept of style resonates from. 

I had today off work to spend with my kids as it was the last day of school holidays. Bitter sweet as I will miss them but I will also get some time to write.  We spent time investing in our creativity. So today's agenda involved a bit of handwriting practice. I have always loved lettering. And my daughter Miss M (9) seems to enjoy it as well!  Miss A (7) insisted on a bike ride so we got out of our minds and into out bodies. 

In the midst of our creative writing and riding,  the two girls had found a recipe for microwave cake so we got to it. It was pretty much 2 Tablespoons of everything. (See recipe below)  If you get round to making this, please let me know how you liked it and if you added anything extra.

After I posted the flatlay on Instagram, I got a few comments about the booties.  I absolutely adore these little babies.  They have been on high rotation this winter.  Made from leather they are so soft and comfy against my feet and I can wear them all day with no issues. I got them from Shubar a while back and they are such a cute little go to with any outfit. The little block heel gives it a bit of height which makes it something you can take into the night.

Hope you all have a great week!

SSB

1 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake (By Gemma Stafford)



Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons (2oz/ 60g) unsalted butter
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
  • 6 tablespoons (50g/ 1¾ oz) self-rising flour ( to make SF flour add 2 tsp of baking powder to 150g/6oz/1 cup plain flour)
  • tiny pinch of kosher salt
Instructions
  1. Place the butter in a large mug and microwave it for 20 to 30 seconds until melted.
  2. Add the egg and whisk it in with a fork.
  3. Stir in the milk, vanilla, and sugar.
  4. Add the flour and salt. Mix the batter with a fork until smooth.
  5. Divide the batter between two mugs. Microwave separately for 50 seconds each until risen. Take care not to overcook or the cake will dry out fast
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unique watch Giveaway

A day to celebrate love

The Corporate Edit from The Iconic